A sampling of the headlines average Episcopalians across the country are reading this morning:
- Lesbian priest makes list for Chicago bishop – Episcopalians have mixed opinions
By Manya A. Brachear – Chicago Tribune staff reporter
10:40 PM CDT, August 28, 2007
- Lesbian could head Episcopal Diocese – Chicago Sun-Times
- Cleveland woman nominated to be Episcopal bishop of Chicago – The Plain Dealer
- Illinois: Lesbian Is a Finalist for Bishop
By Laurie Goodstein – New York Times
- Lesbian priest among nominees for Episcopal bishop – CNN/AP
The Washington Post and the LA Times relied on the AP report. Between the coasts this AP report is what most casual followers of events will read in their local paper.
I found no evidence this morning that the story was picked up by the British press.